Mission and Service
- Block parties: When the weather permits, a group of people head into neighborhoods throughout our community to host “Block Parties”. The goal of our block parties is to build community within neighborhoods. Sadly, too many neighbors do not know each other – we want to see that change. We want to see neighbors truly love each other and care for each other’s families. And so, periodically, we host neighborhood parties – with food, music, bounce houses, and games. The goal: to love our neighbors. If you would like more information about how you can help contact: email@example.com.
- Hand2Hand: H2H is a food assistance program for our local elementary schools. Every other week, a group of people get together to pack weekend meals for children in our schools. You can become part of this ministry by (1) joining the H2H packing team (kids welcome!). (2) donating food (at the first Sunday of the month, grocery lists are distributed in the back of the church). For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. To sign up to help support this ministry, click here.
The Heart of Hand2Hand is a group of people at Harbor Life Church committed to making Hand2Hand a part of their regular grocery shopping and prayer life during this current school year. Heart of Hand2Hand members will receive weekly or bi-weekly information on what specific food items and number of items are needed for the following weeks, and will select which items work for them.
Click here, to commit to being the Heart of Hand2Hand.
- Meal Ministry: Sometimes life is difficult, chaotic, or messy. When that happens, we can all use a little extra help. One of the ways that Harbor Life provides relief for others is through our meal ministry. Weh someone has a new baby, gets sick, has surgery, experiences loss, or is just plain worn-out from life’s circumstances, several people from our church our church family can sign up to provide meals for that person and their family. To sign up to be a part of this ministry, click here.
- New opportunities: Honestly, we’re always looking for ways to help and serve our community. If you have an idea, or something that you’re passionate about, chances are there are people at Harbor Life who will help! Ask around, connect with others, and let us know what you’re passionate about.
- Global Mission Trips: For information on our planned trips for 2015/16, click here.