Mission and Service
- Serve on Sunday Mornings: Are you looking for a way to serve at Harbor Life? We have several teams that are looking for help on Sunday mornings. Click here to learn more.
- Block parties: When the weather permits, a group of people head into neighborhoods throughout our community to host “Block Parties”. The goal of our block parties is to build community within neighborhoods. Sadly, too many neighbors do not know each other – we want to see that change. We want to see neighbors truly love each other and care for each other’s families. And so, periodically, we host neighborhood parties – with food, music, bounce houses, and games. The goal: to love our neighbors. If you would like more information about how you can help contact: email@example.com.
- Hand2Hand: H2H is a confidential food assistance program for our local elementary schools, delivering hope by providing nutritious food over the weekends. Harbor Life helps feed kids at East Elementary School in Grandville. There’s a place for everyone to help the Hand2Hand team! You can show God’s love to children by:
- Donating food – grocery lists are located at Connecting Point.
- Joining the Heart of Hand2Hand group to include Hand2Hand in your regular grocery shopping and prayers.
- Packing food bags on Wednesday evenings – kids are welcome!
- Joining the delivery team.
- Helping in the pantry after church.
- Writing notes of encouragement.
- Organizing a food drive or fundraiser at your workplace.
For more information contact Becca Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org. To sign up to help support this ministry, click here.
- The Heart of Hand2Hand is a group of people at Harbor Life Church committed to making Hand2Hand a part of their regular grocery shopping and prayer life during this current school year. Heart of Hand2Hand members will receive weekly or bi-weekly information on what specific food items and the number of items are needed for the following weeks, and will select which items work for them.
Click here, to commit to being the Heart of Hand2Hand.
- Meal Ministry: Sometimes life is difficult, chaotic, or messy. When that happens, we can all use a little extra help. One of the ways that Harbor Life provides relief for others is through our meal ministry. Weh someone has a new baby, gets sick, has surgery, experiences loss, or is just plain worn-out from life’s circumstances, several people from our church our church family can sign up to provide meals for that person and their family. To sign up to be a part of this ministry, click here.
- New opportunities: Honestly, we’re always looking for ways to help and serve our community. If you have an idea or something that you’re passionate about, chances are there are people at Harbor Life who will help! Ask around, connect with others, and let us know what you’re passionate about.